Re: How do I connect postgres table structures and view structures to an existing svn repository?

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: How do I connect postgres table structures and view structures to an existing svn repository?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:45:21 -0400
"John Mitchell" <mitchelljj98@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to store schema definitions in version-control which I can do by
> saving the definition and then  importing  into svn, but I  would like  it
> to be automatic , so that when an update occurs to a table or view within
> postgres then that table or view is flagged within svn.  This would be
> similar to what I currently do with source code that I have for a web app
> within  eclipse.

Not really an SQL question, in fact it is barely a PostgreSQL question
at all but I will try to give a pointer.

I don't know of any automated tools.  I would suggest running a
cron script that dumps the database and then does an svn commit.  If
there are no changes then the commit will do nothing.  If there are
changes then svn will be updated.

Don't forget to pipe a log message into svn (-F or --file option) and
you may need to check for irrelevant changes in the dump before calling
svn.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: How do I connect postgres table structures and view structures to an existing svn repository?
Сообщение: Re: How do I connect postgres table structures and view structures to an existing svn repository?