Re: granting acces to an external client

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: granting acces to an external client
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 25 July 2007 Sorin N. Ciolofan's cat, walking on the keyboard,
wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'd like to ask you what line should be added in pg_hba.conf file in order
> to grant access to a user with ip
> 139.100.99.98 to a db named "myDB" with user "scott" with password
> "mikepwd"?

This should work:
host    myDB   scott      139.100.99.98               md5

For the password you must use the $HOME/.pgpass file storing a line like the
following:
dbHost:5432:myDB:scott:mikepwd

being dbHost the host that is running postgres. After that issue a reload.

Hope this helps.

Luca