Re: Sylph-Searcher 1.0.0 released

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Sylph-Searcher 1.0.0 released
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 7/18/07, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> > Hi,
>

> > We are pleased to announce that Sylph-Searcher 1.0.0 is released.
> >
> > Sylph-Searcher is a client program for searching mail boxes. Supported
> > mail box format is MH style, i.e. 1 mail = 1 file.
> >
> > Sylph-Searcher uses tsearch2 for full text search, thus searching is
> > very fast. For example, ~300,000 mails or ~1.7GB DB is confortably
> > searched by Sylph-Searcher. Sylph-Searcher runs on UNIX/Linux/Windows.
> >
> > Sylph-Searcher can be downloaded from:
> >
> > http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html#searcher
> Can you give a brief explanation of how sylpheed and
> sylph-searcher correlate?  Sylpheed doesn't seem to
> need postgres, sylph-searcher does ... ?

Yes, sylpheed does not need PostgreSQL. sylph-searcher is an
independent application and actually is consisted of two programs:
"syldbimport" and "sylph-searcher". syldbimport reads given mail files
and stores them into PostgreSQL database, indexing with
tsearch2. sylph-searcher does full text searching the database and
shows the result.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan