Re: insert vs select into performance

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: insert vs select into performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 10:50:22PM +0200, Thomas Finneid wrote:
>I havent done this test in a stored function yet, nor have I tried it
>with a C client so far, so there is the chance that it is java/jdbc that
>makes the insert so slow. I'll get to that test soon if there is any
>chance my theory makes sence.

What you're seeing is perfectly normal. Switch to COPY for fast inserts.
(When you use inserts you need to wait for a round-trip for each row,
instead of sending data to the server as fast as possible.)

Mike Stone

Сообщение: Re: insert vs select into performance
Сообщение: Re: insert vs select into performance