Re: Accent-insensitive search

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Accent-insensitive search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
turbovince escribió:
> Hello, I would like to perform some accent-insensitive searches on my
> database, which means that a select query with condition, say, WHERE
> NAME = 'HELLÔ' would return records where name is 'HELLO' as well.
>
> My data is encoded in Unicode (UTF8) and therefore I cannot use
> Postgre's to_ascii() trick to achieve accent-insensitive searches.

Use the convert() function to turn it into Latin1 (or whatever encoding
you prefer), then to_ascii.

Note that if you have strange chars it will fail anyway (for example
there was this guy not long ago complaining in pgsql-es-ayuda that it
failed when he had the "mu" greek letter in a product description).

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"El sabio habla porque tiene algo que decir;