Re: TIMING A QUERY ???

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: TIMING A QUERY ???
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:10:55PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, on some platforms (ie consumer-grade PCs) explain analyze can be a
> lot slower than just running the query,

Yes, I suppose I exaggerated when I said "can't get any faster", but
given that the OP was talking on the order of hours for the EXPLAIN
ANALYSE to return, I assumed that the problem is one of impatience and
not clock cycles.  After all, the gettimeofday() additional overhead
is still not going to come in on the order of minutes without a
_bursting_ huge query plan.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.
        --Scott Morris

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark