Re: Hyper-Trading

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Hyper-Trading
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:09:11PM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> If your  operating system is able to schedule the threads/processes across
> CPUs, PostgreSQL will use them.

But notice that hyperthreading imposes its own overhead.  I've not
seen evidence that enabling hyperthreading actually helps, although I
may have overlooked a couple of cases.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin

Сообщение: Re: Am I missing something about the output of pg_stop_backup()?
Сообщение: Re: Am I missing something about the output of pg_stop_backup()?