Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version

От: Alvaro Herrera
Тема: Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (smiley2211, )
 Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (Bill Moran, )
 Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (smiley2211, )
  Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (smiley2211, )
  Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  ("Chris Hoover", )
  Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (smiley2211, )
  Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (smiley2211, )
  Re: Query is taking 5 HOURS to Complete on 8.1 version  (Alvaro Herrera, )

smiley2211 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've made the changes to view to use UNION ALL and the where NOT IN
> suggestions...the query now takes a little under 3 hours instead of 5 --
> here is the EXPLAIN ANALYZE:

It seems you have disabled nested loops --- why?  Try turning them back
on and let us see the EXPLAIN ANALYZE again.

It would be extremely helpful if you saved it in a file and attached it
separately so that the indentation and whitespace is not mangled by your
email system.  It would be a lot more readable that way.