Re: Problem with autovacuum and pg_autovacuum

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Problem with autovacuum and pg_autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:40:15 -0400 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> > > No, autovacuum is doing this with every run. Beside this, the database has
> > > only some 10k changes per day. The wraparound was my first idea, but i
> > > don't see a reason, why this should be happen with every autovacuum run.
> >
> > Ok a new weird scenario.  Could you please let us look at
> >
> > select relname, relfrozenxid, age(relfrozenxid) from pg_class where
> > relkind in ('r', 't') order by 3 desc;
>
> Thats a bit more information ...
>
> http://rafb.net/p/xJ4W6W43.html

Oh.  It's not the age.  Please let us look at the pg_stat_user_tables
entries for the involved tables?  If it's picking the same tables maybe
pgstats has stale info, but why is it not updating it?

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"The problem with the facetime model is not just that it's demoralizing, but