Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Yeah, we had better investigate some way to clean them up.  It was never
> >> obvious before that it mattered to get rid of orphan temp tables, but I
> >> guess it does.
>
> > Would it be enough to delete the tuple from pg_class?
>
> No, you need a full DROP.  I don't see that that's harder than removing
> only the pg_class tuple --- the problem in either case is to be sure
> it's OK.  In particular, how to avoid a race condition against an
> incoming backend that adopts that BackendId?  Worst-case, you could be
> deleting a temp table he just made.

Oh, I was just thinking in way for Bruce to get out of his current
situation.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question