Re: Bugtraq: Having Fun With PostgreSQL

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Bugtraq: Having Fun With PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 01:31:52PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Why is that better than the initdb-time option we already have?
> Locking down options earlier rather than later is usually not a win.

Like I said, I don't actually think it _is_ better.  But it would
solve the problem that some people think it's a bad thing that you
run superuser-type commands without reading the manual, and then get
a badly-secured system.  (The idea here, incidentally, is not to
replace the initdb-time option, but to set the default of the initdb
command.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?    --attr. John Maynard Keynes