Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:29:49PM -0400, Karl Wright wrote:
>I checked the disk picture - this is a RAID disk array with 6 drives,
>with a bit more than 1Tbyte total storage.  15,000 RPM.  It would be
>hard to get more/faster disk than that.

Well, it's not hard to more disk than that, but you'd probably have to
look at an external storage array (or more than one). A larger number of
larger/slower drives, splitting indices away from data, etc., will
almost certainly outperform 6 disks, 15k RPM or not.

Mike Stone