Re: Database-wide VACUUM ANALYZE

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Database-wide VACUUM ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Steven Flatt wrote:

> On 6/21/07, Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are you on FreeBSD by any chance?
>>
>> I think the FreeBSD port by default installs a script that does a daily
>> vacuum.
>

> Yes, FreeBSD.  Do you know what script that is?  And it does a db-wide
> VACUUM ANALYZE every day?!  That is certainly not necessary, and in fact,
> costly for us.
>
> Hmmm... I wonder why this would just start now, three days ago.  Everything
> seemed to be normal for the last two weeks.

The current FreeBSD port places the script in:

/usr/local/etc/periodic/daily/502.pgsql

And it can be controlled from /etc/periodic.conf

See the top of that script.

LER

> Steve

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

От: "Steven Flatt"
Сообщение: Re: Database-wide VACUUM ANALYZE
От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: Very long SQL strings