autovacuum launcher continues to run after reloading autovacuum=off

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема autovacuum launcher continues to run after reloading autovacuum=off
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I found that the autovacuum launcher continues to run and spawn workers
after reloading the configuration file with autovacuum = off in CVS HEAD.

What should we do after autovacuum is disabled runtime? I think the
launcher should not spawn any new workers. It can be fixed easily,
but there are some other issues to be discussed:

- Can the launcher exit immediately? or it needs to wait for all worker's exits?
- Should the workers skip the remaining jobs? One difficulty is that workers ingore SIGHUP signals currently.
- Should the workers skip the table being vacuumed then?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center