Re: Rethinking user-defined-typmod before it's too late

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Rethinking user-defined-typmod before it's too late
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:14:45PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

[snip]

> I propose changing the typmodin signature to "typmodin(cstring[])
> returns int4", that is, the typmods will be passed as strings not
> integers.  This will incur a bit of extra conversion overhead for
> the normal uses where the typmods are integers, but I think the gain
> in flexibility is worth it.  I'm inclined to make the code in
> parse_type.c take either integer constants, simple string literals,
> or unqualified names as input --- so you could write either
> tsvector('ru') or tsvector(ru) when using a type that wants a
> nonintegral typmod.
>
> Note that the typmodout side is already OK since it is defined to
> return a string.
>
> Comments?

+1 :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Rethinking user-defined-typmod before it's too late