Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints test results

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints test results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Here's results from a batch of test runs with LDC. This patch only
> spreads out the writes, fsyncs work as before.

I saw similar results in my tests. Spreading only writes are enough
for OLTP at least on Linux with middle-or-high-grade storage system.
It also works well on desktop-grade Widnows machine.

However, I don't know how it works on other OSes, including Solaris
and FreeBSD, that have different I/O policies. Would anyone test it
in those environment?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro