Re: Autovacuum launcher doesn't notice death of postmaster immediately

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Autovacuum launcher doesn't notice death of postmaster immediately
Дата
Re: Autovacuum launcher doesn't notice death of postmaster immediately  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD escribió:

> seconds
> > >
> > > Imho the fix is usually to have a sleep loop.
> >
> > This is what we have.  The sleep time depends on the schedule
> > of next vacuum for the closest database in time.  If naptime
> > is high, the sleep time will be high (depending on number of
> > databases needing attention).
>
> No, I meant a "while (sleep 1(or 10) and counter < longtime) check for
> exit" instead of "sleep longtime".

Ah; yes, what I was proposing (or thought about proposing, not sure if I
posted it or not) was putting a upper limit of 10 seconds in the sleep
(bgwriter sleeps 10 seconds if configured to not do anything).  Though
10 seconds may seem like an eternity for systems like the ones Peter was
talking about, where there is a script trying to restart the server as
soon as the postmaster dies.

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"Limítate a mirar... y algun día veras"