Re: COPYable logs status

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: COPYable logs status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:29:03AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> The only solution that I can see is to invent some sort of simple
> protocol for the syslogger pipe.

Perhaps having a look at the current IETF syslog discussion will be
helpful in that case?  (I know it's not directly relevant, but maybe
others have thought about some of these things.  I haven't read the
draft, note.)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-20

There's also the discussion of reliability in RFC 3195:

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3195.txt

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.    --George Orwell