Re: VERY slow queries at random

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: VERY slow queries at random
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 04:22:47PM +0200, Gunther Mayer wrote:
> There are a whole bunch of update queries that fire all the time but
> afaik none of them ever lock the entire table. To the best of my
> knowledge UPDATE ... WHERE ... only locks those rows that it actually
> operates on, in my case this is always a single row.

Well that shouldn't be biting you, then (you're not in SERIALIZABLE
mode, right?).  The other obvious bit would be checkpoint storms.
What's your bgwriter config like?

> Question is, how do I find out about locks at the time when I only get
> told about the slow query *after* it has completed and postgres has told
> me so by logging a slow query entry in my logs?

You can't :(

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie

Сообщение: Re: VERY slow queries at random
Сообщение: Re: VERY slow queries at random