Re: formatting the output of a function

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: formatting the output of a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 01:45:43PM -0600, Islam Hegazy wrote:
> output[0] = (char*)palloc(sizeof(int)); //allocate space for a string that accepts an integer

No it doesn't, it allocates space for an integer

> output[1] = (char*)palloc(sizeof(double)); //allocate space for a string that accepts an integer

This allocates space for a double.

> snprintf(output[0], sizeof(int), "%d", counter);
> snprintf(output[1], sizeof(float), "%.5f", result);

And here you're using sizeof(float) which is even smaller.

Don't try to be smart with the sizes, just use 16 bytes for both and in
the snprintf use 16 also, then everything will work fine.

> HeapTuple data;
> Datum finalResult;
> data = BuildTupleFromCStrings(attinmeta, output);

Although I think you're going the long way round, you can build a tuple
from the integer wtihout making a string first...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения