Re: Thousands of tables versus on table?

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: Thousands of tables versus on table?
Дата
Re: Thousands of tables versus on table?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:59:25PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think the main argument for partitioning is when you are interested in
> being able to drop whole partitions cheaply.

Wasn't there also talk about adding the ability to mark individual partitions
as read-only, thus bypassing MVCC and allowing queries to be satisfied using
indexes only?

Not that I think I've seen it on the TODO... :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/