Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Is there a reasonable way to treat libstemmer as an external library?

Hmmm ... do we want to do that if we're distributing it in core?  That
would require us to have a --with-tsearch compile switch so that people
who don't want to find & build libstemmer can build PostgreSQL.  I thought
the whole point of this feature was to have a version of Tsearch which
"just worked" for users.

As annoying as it may be to keep it updated, I think it's probably worth it
from a user experience standpoint.  However, we should definitely put the
exact libstemmer C files, as distributed by the project, somewhere so that
updating stemmer each time we do a patch release is simply a matter of
download and rsync.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus