Re: Make for PgSQL?

От Thomas Pundt
Тема Re: Make for PgSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 31 May 2007 09:01, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
| As I need to maintain a rather large set of PgSQL scripts, I'd like to
| use something like "make" in order to track changes and apply the
| "proper" variations to the database.
|
| Scripts have been named so that the lexicographical order of filenames
| brings the information about dependencies.
|
| I've been playing with the GNU Make itself but it's quite hard to keep
| track of changes and to re-load a single SQL file that changed.
|
| Is there any hint about "best prectices", software tools and the likes?
|
| Many thanks to you all.

A version control system like Subversion comes to my mind. From there
you might be able to collect all relevant information. But I might be
wrong...

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----

От: Hannes Dorbath
Сообщение: Re: DRDB risk factors?
От: "Gabriel Laet"
Сообщение: Re: Design Table & Search Question