Re: Simulate database fragmentation

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Simulate database fragmentation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:58:06AM -0700, Y Sidhu wrote:
> Is there any easy way to take a database and add/delete records to create
> fragmentation of the records and indexes. I am trying to recreate high
> vacuum times.

Update random rows, then do a vacuum. That will result in free space in
random locations. At that point you'd probably want to update some
ranges of rows, enough so that they get forced to new pages.

A better idea might be to just insert random data.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org

Вложения