Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 12:36:20PM -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> We seem to be suffering, as the community, and patch queue, grows,
> from the problem that features that are regarded as being useful only
> to small sets of users are seeing greater reluctance for acceptance.

Another way of expressing that regards it as a positive benefit:
given finite numbers of developers, testers, and patch reviewers, we
as a community have to make decisions about how big a feature set we
can realistically support, and the value that contributes to the user
community.  A small potential user community probably means a lower
estimation of the value of the feature.  So features that seem sort
of boutique are to be regarded at least with scepticism, in order to
keep the code useful for everyone.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
        --attr. John Maynard Keynes