Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Browne wrote:
> agentm@themactionfaction.com ("A.M.") writes:

> Jan Wieck had a proposal to a similar effect, namely to give some way
> to get one connection to duplicate the state of another one.
>
> This would permit doing a neat parallel decomposition of pg_dump: you
> could do a 4-way parallelization of it that would function something
> like the following:

Interesting ...

> Note that this isn't related to subtransactions...

I think what needs to happen is that the snapshot is duplicated.
Probably not that hard to do actually ... the difficult thing is coming
up with an API that makes sense.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que la verdad absoluta no existe...

Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS