Re: Need software infrastructure advice

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Need software infrastructure advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 01:51:28PM -0500, Aaron Zeitler wrote:
> Internet went down for a few minutes (or days).  The main problem with this
> solution is that Slony-1 says that you really shouldn't have more than a
> dozen places that you replicate to, and I have 60.  I would also like to be
> able to go well beyond 60 (so I am looking for a scalable solution).  Also,
> sometimes the Internet connection to a location goes down.  Some are more
> "flakey" than others.  Slony-1 says it is not for this type of situation.

This is a bit of a kludge -- ok, a _lot_ of a kludge -- but you
could probably do this with Slony using the log shipping features
instead.  That would solve your "60 locations" issue, I think.
Alternatively, you might be able to do this by sort of summarizing in
a few locations, so that you do have 60 nodes, but not all nodes have
to talk to all other nodes.  (I think the flakey network might bite
you here, though.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
        --Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA