Re: How do you convert PostgreSQL internal binary field to C datatypes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: How do you convert PostgreSQL internal binary field to C datatypes
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Jeff Lynn wrote:
> Does someone out there has some example(s) of converting the
> PostgreSQL's internal (network byte order) representation of  float4,
> flost8, date, datetime and timestamp into Win32 float, double, CTime or
> any Win32 date/time construct under Intel x86 h/w architecture?
>
> Andrew McNamara in previous post suggested that there are answers in the
> server source codes.  But for a beginner like me, even though I have
> extensive coding experience in C, C++ and Java, such undertaking for a
> significant product like PostgreSQL is a bit overwhelming for now.
>
> I really do want to explore the usage of PostgreSQL further!  So any
> help will be greatly appreciated.

The code to handle these datatypes lies mostly here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/

For example, in float.c look for float4send which directs you to
pq_sendfloat4 which you can find in

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/libpq/pqformat.c