Re: CPU Intensive query

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: CPU Intensive query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:02:52AM -0700, Abu Mushayeed wrote:
> I have an interesting problem. I have the following query that ran ok on
> Monday and Tuesday and it has been running ok since I have been at this
> job. I have seen it to be IO intensive, but since Wednesday it has become
> CPU intensive. Database wise fresh data has been put into the tables,
> vacuumed & analyzed, no other parameter has been modified.

What Postgres version is this?

>   The query is as follows and it's explain plan is also attached:

Normally EXPLAIN ANALYZE data would be much better than EXPLAIN, but if the
query indeed does not finish, it's not going to help much.

>   set enable_nestloop = off;

What's the rationale for this?

>   HashAggregate  (cost=152555.97..152567.32 rows=267 width=162)

152000 disk page fetches is a bit, but it shouldn't take 24 hours. There's
probably misestimation involved at some point here. Does it really return 267
rows, or many more?

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/