Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Re: Not ready for 8.3  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> [070515 21:19]:
>
> > As I proposed for many times, why don't we add message number to each
> > subject line in mail? For example like this:
> >
> > [HACKERS: 12345] Re: Not ready for 8.3
> >
> > This way, we could always obtain stable (logical) pointer, without
> > reling on particular archival infrastructure.
>
> Isn't that what the "Message-Id" field is for?
>
> http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=20070516.101643.94564776.t-ishii@sraoss.co.jp
> a.

Maybe. However I think "subject-sequence" has some advantages over
- Easy to identify. Message-Id may not appear on some MUA with default setting

- More handy than lengthy message Id

- Easy to detect messages not delivered, by knowing that the sequence number was skipped
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan