Re: Managing the community information stream

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Managing the community information stream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >> In Debian's bug tracking system, when the bug is created (which is done
> >> by sending an email to a certain address) it gets a number, and the
> >> email is distributed to certain lists.  People can then reply to that
> >> mail, and send messages to 12345@bugs.debian.org and it gets tracked in
> >> the bug, and you can see all those messages in the bug report.  I
> >> ass-ume that BZ 3.0 does something similar.
> >
> > But often a TODO item has multiple threads containing details (often
> > months apart), and it isn't obvious at the time the thread is started
> > that this will happen.  Note the number of TODO items that now have
> > multiple URLs.  How is that handled?
>
> Well you can certainly merge tickets, but one of the ideas would be to
> help stop that :)...
>
> Hey what about foo... oh we discussed that *here*...

Our thought process is not linear --- often an item changes as our
surrounding code changes too.  The multiple URLs are not because no one
knows about the previous discussion.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com