Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> There is a related risk even on Unix machines: two postmasters can be
> started on the same port number if they have different settings of
> unix_socket_directory, and then it's indeterminate which one you will
> contact if you connect to the TCP port.  I seem to recall that we
> discussed this several years ago, and didn't really find a satisfactory
> way of interlocking the TCP port per se.

I'm curious as to which Unix systems allow multiple processes to listen
on the same port at the same time..  On Linux, and I thought on most,
you get an EADDRINUSE on the listen() call (which the postmaster should
pick up on and bomb out, which it may already).
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?