Re: Managing the community information stream

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Managing the community information stream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby wrote:
> On May 6, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > Oh, the answer to Bruce's question about when to create a feature
> > item? You could well do it at the time when today you create a TODO
> > item. However, we might even do better. For example, we might well
> > add feature requests that are denied. That would help people to see
> > if something has been proposed before.
>
> The problem with our current TODO process is that whether an item
> makes it onto the list is essentially determined by did the idea
> catch a committer's attention, and did that committer happen to think
> it was a good idea. That sets the bar pretty high for getting stuff
> on the list (which you need for a simple list like TODO), but it also
> means it's very subjective. (Of course 98% of the time that committer
> is Bruce, but I don't think that matters here...)

Users often request items be added to the TODO list, and I usually comply.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: plperl vs. bytea
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Managing the community information stream