Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:55:12AM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On May 8, 2007, at 2:24 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >Speaking of which, it might be interesting to actually show these
> >values
> >in the stats collector. I was thinking three cols for each database
> >(probably the best level?) that counts each of those three
> >counters. If
> >you have a lot of sorts (percentage-wise) spilling to disk, it is
> >often
> >something you want to investigate, so exposing it that way seems
> >like a
> >good thing.
>
> What 3 columns? In-memory sorts, on-disk sorts, and on-disk size?
> (Sum of how much spilled to disk).

I was thinking in-mem sorts, on-disk sorts, limited-by-LIMIT sorts (that
would be the new feature..)

//Magnus