Re: What's The Difference Between VACUUM and VACUUM ANALYZE?

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: What's The Difference Between VACUUM and VACUUM ANALYZE?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 05:52:13PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I am trying to follow a message thread. One guy says we should be running
>> vacuum analyze daily and the other says we should be running vacuum multiple
>> times a day. I have tried looking for what a vacuum analyze is to help me
>> understand but no luck.
> VACUUM ANALYZE is like VACUUM, except that it also runs an ANALYZE
> afterwards.

Shoot me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't VACUUM ANALYZE check _all_ tuples,
as compared to the random selection employed by ANALYZE?

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Сообщение: Re: What's The Difference Between VACUUM and VACUUM ANALYZE?
Сообщение: Re: What's The Difference Between VACUUM and VACUUM ANALYZE?