Re: Managing the community information stream

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Managing the community information stream
Дата
Re: Managing the community information stream  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
Re: Managing the community information stream  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 07:36:55AM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:

> Instead, if all feature requests are tracked then users can vote on
> what's most important to them.

I am sympathetic to the issues you and Andrew are describing (I
understand Bruce's stream analogy, but I think Andrew is right that
from the user's point of view, it's not usable).  But I am not
convinced that users voting on desired features will get us the
users' desired features.  The features we get are mostly the features
that have attracted developers.  The method by which that attraction
happens is interesting, but I don't think it's democratic.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier