Re: plperl vs. bytea

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: plperl vs. bytea
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> It's not. If we really want to tackle this root and branch without
> upsetting legacy code, I think we'd need to have a way of marking
> data items as binary in the grammar, e.g.
>
>   create function myfunc(myarg binary bytea) returns binary bytea
> language plperl as $$ ...$$;

This ought to be a property of data type plus language, not a property
of a function.

--
Peter Eisentraut

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first