Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:07:53PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> As if I don't know what the bogo stands for, ha!  I brought that up
> because someone suggested testing CPU speed using some sort of idle loop.
> That's exactly what bogomips does.

Just for reference (I'm sure you know, but others might not): BogoMIPS are
measured using a busy loop because that's precisely the number the kernel is
interested in -- it's used to know for how long to loop when doing small
delays in the kernel (say, "sleep 20 microseconds"), which is done using a
busy loop.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning