Re: Have I b0rked something? Slow comparisons on "where x in (...)"

От Stephen Harris
Тема Re: Have I b0rked something? Slow comparisons on "where x in (...)"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:45:08PM -0700, Dann Corbit wrote:
> Have you done a vacuum on the table recently?

We vacuum daily and cluster weekly after the nightly activities have been
performed.

> IN list, then the IN list might benefit from a bit of analysis for

The IN list is just a set of integers (it's an integer index) generated
from some selects on other tables earlier in our processing.  I don't
have any choice as to what is in the IN list :-)

--

rgds
Stephen