Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 07:09:24PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The current patch-queue process is failing to scale with the project: every
> > release it gets to be more work for you & Tom to integrate the patches.  We
> > need to think of new approaches to make the review process scale.  As a
> > pointed example, you're about to go on tour for 2 weeks and patch review will
> > stall while you're gone.  That's not sustainable.
>
> I am traveling --- I left on Friday.  I am in Sydney now.
>
> As far as scaling, patch information isn't our problem right now.  If
> someone wants to help we can give them up-to-date information on exactly
> how to deal with the patch.  It is people doing the work that is the
> bottleneck.

<snip>

> As an example, how is patch information going to help us review HOT or
> group-item-index?  There is frankly more information about these in the
> archives than someone could reasonable read.  What someone needs is a
> summary of where we are now on the patches, and lots of time.
>
> FYI, Tom, Heikki, I need one of you to post the list of patches and
> where we think we are on each one, even if the list is imperfect.

I think you just contradicted yourself. Information isn ot the problem, but
you need more information...

I think this is a fairly clear indication that we do need a better way to
track this information.

//Magnus

От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Patch queue triage
От: friend 4ever
Сообщение: Getting parse Error at or near character "and"