Re: moving data from windows to linux

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: moving data from windows to linux
Дата
Re: moving data from windows to linux
Список pgsql-novice
On Wednesday 25 April 2007 08:36, Francois Deliege <fdeliege@cs.aau.dk>
wrote:
> I am moving from 8.2.4 under Windows to 8.2.4 under FreeBSD 6.2.
> The databases are all encoded in UTF8 on the windows server.
> The threads I have seen in the archives are all about version or
> database encoding issues.
> The only trick here, is that I am using tr to solve the endline
> problem.

Is that actually necessary? I'm not seeing anything in the docs about
cr/lf issues in dump files. Or maybe just use pg_dump on the FreeBSD
box to create the dump file.

--
"The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by
parts ... the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men