Re: Allowing COPY into views

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Allowing COPY into views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

> "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>
> > The threads to updatable views have concluded rejecting the patches, and
> > with ideas that require rather extensive rewriting of the rule manager,
>
> I have some ideas on a different approach to this if anyone's thinking of
> starting fresh

What ideas?

> but I had the impression that the patches were rejected because
> they were unnecessarily complex, not because the overall approach was
> rejected.

Well, there was the unneeded complexity as one argument, but the "with
check option" stuff needed a big rework as well.

http://groups.google.es/group/pgsql.hackers/browse_thread/thread/ed69543ea417a2f/d0b628881ead1e05

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Allowing COPY into views
От: Darcy Buskermolen
Сообщение: Re: What X86/X64 OS's do we need coverage for?