Re: What tools do people use to hack on PostgreSQL?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: What tools do people use to hack on PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: What tools do people use to hack on PostgreSQL?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexey Klyukin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm very excited that my project for implementing read-only queries
> > on PITR slaves was accepted for GSoC, and I'm now trying to work
> > out what tools I'll use for that job.
> >
> > I'd like to be able to create some sort of branches and tags for
> > my own work (only inside my local repository of course).
> >
> > I've considered using git, but I couldn't make the cvs->git gateway
> > work - neither using the postgresql CVS repository directly, nor with
> > a private copy obtained with CVSup.
> >
> > There is also svk, but I think I'd need a svn repo that mirrors
> > the postgresql CVS for that to work. I think Joshua Drake created
> > one once, but I don't now if it is kept up-to-date.
>
> Yes, it is (the latest visible commit was made 6 hours ago), you can
> browse sources at:
>
> http://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql/browser
>
> or do the anonymous checkout with:
>
> svn co http://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql/repo/

But if you have a checked out tree, does it work to do an update after
the tree has been regenerated?  As far as I know, the repo is generated
completely every few hours, so it wouldn't surprise me that the checked
out copy is not compatible with the new repo.

I admit I haven't tried.