Re: Vista/IPv6

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Vista/IPv6
Дата
Re: Vista/IPv6  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 12:24:58AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > (FWIW, I had ipv6 on my list of things to make happen, but I didn't
> > realise it would cause this issue on a machine with ipv6 on it, since
> > I don't have one)
>
> The IPv6 support is finely tuned to deal with all kinds of combinations
> of API support, library support, and kernel support, or lack thereof,
> on the build system and on the host system.  I suggest that you just
> use the logic that we have or emulate it, respectively.  If it doesn't
> work, we will find out soon enough.

The point is still what happens when you distribute a binary built on a
system with ipv6 to a system that doesn't have it.

Anyway. It seems reasonably safe, since I can build with ipv6 on my machine
without the ipv6 driver, and it still works. Dave will have to test if it
actually works on a machine that *has* ipv6 :-)

So. Changes applied.

//Magnus