Re: Acces via applets

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Acces via applets
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 11 April 2007 Marc's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> The bottom line question is can an applet served to a client machine other
> than the one the postrgres db resides on read that db?
>
> An applet I've written and tested on the same box as my database runs fine.

Marc's, due to security restriction an applet cannot connect to a server
different from the one it has been dowloaded. Exceptions are signed applets.
You can provide more functionalities with a n-tier server, for example a
servlet running on your web machine that connects to the database server
(another machine) and provides data to the applet (that can connect only to
the web server). I read below that you have signed the applet and that you've
done the same thing with sql server.....have you tried such applet on your
sql server configuration (if possible) to ensure that it works and is a
postgresql only related problem and not a java one? Could you be more
specific on the problem you have?

Сообщение: INSERT..RETURNING on a partitioned table
Сообщение: INSERT..RETURNING on a partitioned table