Re: Bug in UTF8-Validation Code?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Bug in UTF8-Validation Code?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 01:06:38PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think it's probably defensible for non-Unicode encodings.  To do
> otherwise would require (a) figuring out what the equivalent concept to
> "code point" is for each encoding, and (b) having a separate code path
> for each encoding to perform the mapping.  It's not clear that there
> even is an answer to (a), and (b) seems like more work than chr() is
> worth.  But we know what the right way is for Unicode, so we should
> special case that one.

I dunno. I find it odd that if I want a pl/pgsql function to return a
Euro symbol, it has to know what encoding the DB is in. Though I
suppose that would call for a unicode_chr() function.

Is there any multibyte mapping other than unicode that distinguishes
between the character set and the encoding thereof?

Have a nice day,