Re: Wrong plan sequential scan instead of an index one

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Wrong plan sequential scan instead of an index one
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 04:46:11AM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> Have you tried increasing the statistics target on l_pvcp.value?
> I ran your queries against canned data in 8.2.3 and better statistics
> resulted in more accurate row count estimates for this and other
> parts of the plan.  I don't recall if estimates for non-leading-character
> matches in earlier versions can benefit from better statistics.

This might work only in 8.2.  I see the following in the Release Notes:

* Improve the optimizer's selectivity estimates for LIKE, ILIKE,
  and regular expression operations (Tom)

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: Wrong plan sequential scan instead of an index one
Сообщение: Re: Wrong plan sequential scan instead of an index one