Re: Copyrights on files

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Copyrights on files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Someone has pointed out to me that we have non-PostgreSQL/Berkeley
> copyrights on a number of files:
>
>     src/port/rint.c
>     * Copyright (c) 1999, repas AEG Automation GmbH
>
>     src/backend/port/dynloader/aix.c
>     * This is an unpublished work copyright (c) 1992 HELIOS Software GmbH
>     * 30159 Hannover, Germany
>
>     src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/UCS_to_GB18030.pl
>     # Copyright 2002 by Bill Huang

The above copyright mentions have no actual BSD copyright text, so what
do we do?  If we assume they are BSD copyrights that match our own, we
perhaps don't have a problem.  If not, we do have a problem.

The one that is a more serious issue is in
/pgtop/contrib/pgcrypto/blf.*, where the BSD advertising clause is in
the copyright, and the author has updated the copyright:
*    must display the following acknowledgement:*      This product includes software developed by Niels Provos.

I will try to contact all the authors to get permission to clean this
up.

* Blowfish block cipher for OpenBSD* Copyright 1997 Niels Provos <provos@physnet.uni-hamburg.de>* All rights
reserved.**Implementation advice by David Mazieres <dm@lcs.mit.edu>.** Redistribution and use in source and binary
forms,with or without* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions* are met:* 1. Redistributions
ofsource code must retain the above copyright*    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.* 2.
Redistributionsin binary form must reproduce the above copyright*    notice, this list of conditions and the following
disclaimerin the*    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.* 3. All advertising materials
mentioningfeatures or use of this software*    must display the following acknowledgement:*      This product includes
softwaredeveloped by Niels Provos.* 4. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products*
derivedfrom this software without specific prior written permission.*

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com