Re: Performance Tuning and Disk Cache

От: Michael Stone
Тема: Re: Performance Tuning and Disk Cache
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Performance Tuning and Disk Cache  (Barry Moore, )
 Re: Performance Tuning and Disk Cache  ("hubert depesz lubaczewski", )
 Re: Performance Tuning and Disk Cache  (David Boreham, )
  Re: Performance Tuning and Disk Cache  ("Rangarajan Vasudevan", )
 Re: Performance Tuning and Disk Cache  (Michael Stone, )

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 06:45:34AM -0600, Barry Moore wrote:
>Does anyone know how I can repeatedly run the same query in the
>"worst case scenario" of no postgres data in the disk cache (e.g.,
>clear the page cache or force it to be ignored)?

Depends on your OS. On linux you can run:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Mike Stone