Re: tsearch_core for inclusion

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: tsearch_core for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 16 March 2007 04:44, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> > I'm also concerned about the stability of the tsearch api in general wrt
> > including it in core.  Currently the recommended upgrade practice is to
> > dump/reload without tsearch, installing the new servers version of
> > tsearch
>
> That is because pg_ts* tables changes, function names and internal API.
> Putting tsearch in core discards a lot of such problem. For example, who
> notices changes in pg_am table from release to release? Really it was a
> developers/hackers, not a usual users

I've ran into problems on very vanilla setups that I am sure other users are
going to run across... see the following for details:
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/291-The-pain-that-is-tsearch2-8.1-8.2-upgrading.html

I don't see how the proposal is going to solve that type of problem, but maybe
I am overlooking something?

--
Robert Treat